As we move into the hunting season, we have implemented changes to keep our customers, staff, and family safe. Most importantly we want to keep in direct communication with everyone to assure you that we are creating a safe environment while hunting or on the range.
Below you will find the changes in place for our hunting season:
- All day hunters will be instructed at the time of booking the process for check-in this may include:
- All Hunts MUST be booked at least 24 hours in advance.
- Check-in times will be scheduled if you are a new group or part of a larger group that is new to Highland Hunting.
- Past customers after their first outing will go directly to the field instead of checking in at our lodge. This option is available only if you are familiar with our fields, hunting procedures, or have your group broken up into smaller groups in advance. We will provide a map to you via text message to help for field boundaries and locations.
- Liability waivers are done in advance before the hunt.
- Hunting licenses are recommended to be done online and completed before your outing, if needed we can assist over the phone.
- Only one group at a time will be allowed in the bird cleaning area if you are needing to use it.
- We are asking local hunters, if possible, to clean birds at home or their own location. This just helps us limit the amount of people gathered in an area and keeps a good separation between groups.
- Groups that choose to clean birds at home will be given transportation tags before each hunt.
- All group hunts will have a scheduled check-in time, a limited number of people will be allowed in the building during the check-in time. If weather allows most of this will be done outside to help create distance between groups.
- Large group events, that will be having meals and full accommodations with us will be allowed in the building during their outing, however we ask all groups to practice social distancing.
- Groups that are lodging with us will have priority over meals, we will prepare meals for overnight groups as normal. Day hunters will have the option for lunch to-go, this must be scheduled in advance for meal prep, and planning
- For group events, or full day outings we will set a time for meals so it allows our overnight guests to be in the field and allows us time to disinfect and prepare between groups.
- Breakfast will be served to overnight guests first, then other groups will have a scheduled breakfast time to help minimize the traffic in and out of the building. Group events, and gatherings we will work on a planned schedule in hopes to accommodate this need.
As we move through the season we may adjust, modify and change these procedures to better fit the customer’s needs. We are all in this together and dealing with new challenges daily. We appreciate all of our customers, and the willingness to work with us during these uncertain times. We apologize for the inconveniences this may create, however we are making these changes to be proactive and to keep everyone safe at Highland Hunting LLC, and limit the amount of people in our facility while we have groups lodging with us, and utilizing our facility.
We look forward to seeing all of you in the field this season